[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_empty_space][imagebox image_url=”6095″][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
Phase One Releases HAP-2 hardware update.
Today Phase One announced a hardware update for the XF camera body. An upgrade of the initial version of the Honeybee Autofocus Platform (HAP-1), the HAP-2 upgrade improves on the autofocus performance of the XF camera system.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]
The update replaces the dedicated CMOS sensor responsible for autofocus with a newly redesigned sensor with greater dynamic range and light sensitivity. Phase One indicates that this new sensor will lead to improved performance in certain situations, including low light environments and low contrast subjects.
An Optional Update
The cost of the update is $890. However, we stress that this update is optional. If you are a current XF owner and choose not to update the autofocus sensor, all tools and functionality that rely on autofocus will be unaffected. You will be able to continue using the camera and all of its functions as you are currently without any change.
If you would like to take advantage of this hardware update and the improved autofocus performance, please let us know ASAP so that we can get you the upgrade scheduled.
If you purchased your XF camera system after August 1st, 2017 you are eligible for the update at no charge.
Identifying your XF Camera’s Honeybee Autofocus Platform
It is possible to check which version of the HAP is currently installed in your camera.
The current version of your XF Camera’s Honeybee Autofocus Platform (HAP) can be identified on the XF Camera’s About screen.
- Access the XF Menu by pressing the Top Rear Key of the XF Camera Body.
- Navigate to the About screen at the bottom of the Main Menu using the Top Dial.
- Use the Rear Dial to enter the About screen and identify the “AF“ module installed on your XF Camera.
Is the HAP-2 upgrade required for XF Camera Tools and Features?
- The HAP-2 upgrade is an optional upgrade for XF owners. The Tools and Features of the XF Camera are available whether you choose to keep your HAP-1 autofocus module or upgrade to the HAP-2.
- HAP-2 is designed to improve autofocus performance under certain operational conditions and will not affect the functionality of autofocus dependent tools in the XF Camera.
What is the cost of the HAP-2 upgrade?
- The HAP-2 upgrade is covered under a standard upgrade service from Phase One at a price of $890 USD.
Will I have to re-trim my lenses if I update to HAP-2?
- No. The HAP-2 upgrade will not require your lenses to be focus-trimmed a second time.